Can’t make your way to your favorite ice cream parlor to indulge in a cup of tender coconut ice cream? Well, don’t worry, you can make it at home by following this easy recipe.
Soft coconut ice cream has a separate fan base, right? This is because it’s creamy, not very sweet, and the flavorful coconut flavor is great to say the least. Drooling already? Well, we know that it’s hard to steer clear of your favorite coconut ice cream. This too, when it gets really hot outside.
But relax for the ladies – even if you can’t get out, a tender coconut treat can still come to you. How? Well, it’s just five simple steps, and then you can sample your favorite dessert flavors.
Are you worried that you don’t even have an ice cream maker at home? Well, that’s the best part, because you don’t need one for this recipe. And if you are concerned about your health, take a refreshing pill. This is because this version of soft coconut ice cream is completely healthy. So, shall we start?
- 1 cup skim milk
- Half a cup of coconut water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut
- 4 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- Ice cube tray
- Strawberry slices to garnish
Steps to make soft coconut ice cream
Step 1: Take a frying pan and add all the ingredients – skimmed milk, coconut milk, grated coconut as well as coconut sugar. Leave it on a low flame, where you mix all the ingredients well.
Step 2: After two to three minutes, remove the skillet from the flame and set it aside.
Step 3: Once it cools down, pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and store it in the freezer.
Step 4: Once the cubes are properly frozen, place these cubes in a blender and mix.
Step 5: Once properly whipped, take a spoon and scoop it into a bowl of ice cream. Garnish with some strawberries or serve as is.
Ta da! Wasn’t it easy to prepare a healthy coconut treat at home? Certainly it was.
Also read: From Weight Loss to Amazing Hair: This is what eating raw coconut can do for you
Here is why all the ingredients used in this ice cream are good for health
If you see the checklist, you’ll notice that all of the ingredients used to prepare this soft coconut candy are healthy. Even diabetics can enjoy this treatment once in a while. Here are some of the health benefits you can get from eating this ice cream:
- Since there are no preservatives, added flavors, or sugar substitutes, i.e. coconut sugar is used in this dessert. It helps maintain blood sugar levels as well as your weight.
- Coconut is rich in nutrients such as fiber, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium and iron. Therefore, it is a superfood in its own right.
- Did you know that raw coconut and coconut water are known to improve blood circulation and normalize blood flow in the body? This helps you avoid the problems that occur due to poor blood circulation. This means that if you are dealing with cramps, then this dessert could be really good for you.
Now, what do you want more than candy?
Ladies, try this simple recipe for coconut ice cream at home, and feel comfortable in the midst of this closure.