If you love paratha but don’t want to gain weight, there is nothing better than tofu paratha. They are rich in protein and low in calories, making them the perfect choice for losing weight.
Parathas are one of India’s most beloved foods, and for good reason. The pleasure of digging into a sumptuous stuffed paratha with a hint of white butter is like no other. Although everyone loves it, those who care about weight try to stay away from it as much as possible. But now you can enjoy Paratha without any guilt – yes, you heard it right.
To make the paratha suitable for weight loss, be sure to fill it with fiber and protein compounds. So, instead of aloo or paneer, choose tofu, as it is nutritious and delicious.
Here is how Tofu Paratha can help you manage weight:
If you want to lose weight, Tofu Parathas will not hinder your goals. Tofu, or bean curd is a common ingredient in a vegetarian diet. It is made from soy milk which is beneficial for weight loss. The main advantage of soy milk is that it has a low calorie and sugar content. Besides, tofu contains many vitamins and minerals, and acts as a good source of protein. Moreover, it contains all nine amino acids. All in all, tofu is a great option for controlling your weight.
Here’s how to make this healthy and delicious tofu:
1. In a mixing bowl, grate 100 grams of tofu and set aside.
2. Take another bowl and add two cups of wheat flour and one teaspoon of oil.
3. Gradually add water until it becomes a firm and stiff dough.
4. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Now, chop one onion, green hot pepper, and some fresh coriander leaves. Add all these vegetables to the shredded tofu and mix them well.
6. Add some salt to your taste and a little Amshour.
7. Make balls of dough, roll them out and stuff them into the tofu-vegetable mixture. Roll in almonds again.
8. Roll out the ball and sprinkle with flour then roll it to make a paratha. Similarly, repeat the process with the other balls.
9. Gently place the paratha on a hot skillet over medium heat. After a minute, flip the paratha.
10. Add some oil or ghee to give it a delicious crunch. The paratha is ready when it looks golden on both sides.
Remove the paratha and serve.
Here are some other health benefits of tofu:
- Tofu may lower bad cholesterol, which means it lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It can also reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure.
- Helps control blood sugar levels in those with type 2 diabetes.
- Tofu is rich in proteins, nutrients, minerals and antioxidants, which help improve the functioning of the immune system.
- It can boost the health of your skin by slowing down the aging process.
- Because tofu is full of calcium and contains a good amount of magnesium, it is good for strengthening bones.
Ladies, no more avoiding parathas to control your weight. All you really need is tofu!