Celebrity fitness trainer Yasmin Karachiwala shared a quick and easy recipe for coffee scones, and we can’t wait to try it out. After all, it strikes the perfect balance between taste and health.
Are you a coffee lover? If the answer is yes, we are not surprised. There are millions of people in the world, who cannot start their day without an aromatic cup. But what about using coffee to make a dessert? We’re just as excited as you, because celebrity fitness trainer Yasmine Karachiwala shared a healthy coffee cake recipe that’s equal parts delicious!
I recently used Instagram to share this recipe, and guess what, you can make these cookies in just five minutes.
This is what she wrote in her last post, Craving something sweet after a tiring day? Here’s a quick and delicious recipe for you!
Check out her Instagram post here:
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make Jasmine’s version of coffee cake:
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons jaggery syrup
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Here’s how to prepare it:
Step 1: Take a bowl and add the egg yolk, peanut butter and jaggery syrup. Mix all ingredients well.
NB: You can add maple syrup as well.
Step 2: Now, add cocoa powder and mix it.
Step 3: Drop cookie dough balls, shape them into a cake shape, and place on a baking tray.
The fourth step: Add the chocolate chips and bake for five minutes.
Fifth step: Put it on a plate and serve.
Here’s why coffee cake is a healthy dessert:
- Coffee is packed with nutrients like vitamins B2, B5, BE, magnesium and potassium. These are all nutrients that are necessary for the efficient functioning of the body.
- Coffee helps break down fats, proteins, and carbohydrates, and the caffeine in coffee can also help you lose fat.
- Yasmin used jaggery syrup, which is healthier than refined sugar. As we already know, jaggery is packed with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium, which help prevent damage caused by free radicals.
- In fact, these cookies can help you burn fat.
- Caffeine has the ability to enhance your mental abilities.
- Coffee is also known to improve your mood, especially if you are sleep deprived.
So, wait no more and try this recipe today!